Come on boys and ghouls! It's time to hop on Route 666 for a spooktacular Paranormal Road Trip. This week's stop is Nightshade, California and our special guide is Marlene Perez, author of the Nyx Fortuna series.
The Nyx Fortuna series is set in Nightshade so it seems fitting that our guide for this week's Paranormal Road Trip be the amazing Marlene Perez. Let's see what terrifying places Marlene has planned for our tour.
Nightshade's Top 5 Spooky Places
My Dead Is series features the Giordano sisters, three psychic teens who solve mysteries in the paranormal town of Nightshade, California.
5) Slim's Diner- Daisy Giordano works there. Order of Slim's amazing cinnamon rolls and try to get a glimpse of him. The owner is invisible, need I say more? Or drop a quarter into the jukebox and get a cryptic clue from Lil in a song.
4) The Wilder estate is the perfect place to impress a date. After dinner, take a stroll in the maze, but watch out for werewolves.
3) a bonfire on the beach is a perfect summer time activity, but you may see a ghostly white horse galloping on the beach. If you listen closely, you might hear a mermaid sweetly singing.
2) Nightshade City Council meets at midnight. Mr. Bone, the mild-mannered funeral home owner is also the head of the council, but he has a few secrets. If you prefer, cheer on the Nightshade High football team, but don't let any thirsty cheerleaders get you alone.
1) The morgue. Not all the dead bodies there are exactly dead. This is both spooky and sweet since it is the location of Daisy and Ryan's first kiss. In the last book in the series, the morgue is also the location of a big moment in Daisy and Ryan's life.
Thank you Marlene for giving us such a haunting tour of Nightshade!
To learn more about Marlene Perez and her books, please visit her website, and don't miss our Q+A with Marlene Perez here at From the Shadows. You can add the Nyx Fortuna series here on Goodreads.
What did you think of Marlene's picks for spooky places?
Last week on Paranormal Road Trip we visited Bruges, Belgium with E.J. Stevens. Next week we'll be traveling to Detroit, Michigan with Amber Lynn Natusch.
Join us for another spine-tingling Paranormal Road Trip...
if you dare!
if you dare!