2015 has been an amazing year for me. There have been so many achievements and milestones reached.
- Reaching over 2.5 million views here on my blog, From the Shadows.
- Paneling and signing books at numerous events, including Anthocon, Author Reader Con NOLA, Authors After Dark, InCONceivable, Speculative Fiction: Southeast, and Hallowread.
- My video interview at SF:SE on the show Hangin' with the Authors (in which I use jazz hands while describing my books).
- That awkward moment when Orson Scott Card sat beside me on a panel and poked (harmless) fun at a title from my backlist.
- The epic thunderstorm that threatened to drown us on our Ghost Tour in New Orlean's French Quarter.
- Nearly getting heat stroke on our NOLA Cemetery Tour (and becoming permanent resident).
- Walking the haunted streets of Ellicott City with Hallowread authors and Dead of Night Paranormal Investigation.
- Spending time with the Paranormal Romance Guild at Authors After Dark in Atlanta.
- Receiving positive feedback on my solo writing workshops (which means that I will be doing more teaching in 2016).
- Publishing my 14th book (with more on the way for 2016).
- Birthright making the 2015 Top Ten Best Book Cover list at Hot Listens.
- Birthright being nominated for Best Book and Best Cover in the BTS Red Carpet Book Awards.
- Birthright becoming a finalist for Best Book in the BTS Red Carpet Book Awards (I hope to see you all at the awards ceremony in April at TNEE in Atlanta).
...and, of course, meeting and spending time with so many wonderful authors and readers.
Happy New Year!
Thank you all so much for accompanying me on this incredible journey. I appreciate your friendship, readership, and support more than you could know.
I hope to continue to stay in touch with all of you in 2016. You can follow me here on my blog From the Shadows and on Twitter, About Me, Amazon, Goodreads, Pinterest, LinkedIn, BookLikes, Tsu, Google+, Facebook (personal), and my Facebook Author Like Page. Want book release news and giveaways in your inbox? Sign up for my author newsletter here. I promise to never share your email address, and I only send about one newsletter each month.
- Boskone 53, Boston, MA Feb 19-21, 2016
- The Novel Experience, Atlanta April 6-10, 2016
- TBA, Dublin, Ireland May/June 2016
- Sinfully Yours Author Event, Manchester, NH July 21-24, 2016
- Imaginarium Convention, Louisville, KY October 7-9, 2016
With new live appearances added to my tour schedule, a new release in the Ivy Granger series, and the debut novel in the Dark Arcana series coming, 2016 promises to be another incredible year!