Come on boys and ghouls! It's time to hop on Route 666 for a spooktacular Paranormal Road Trip.
This week's stop is Krymzyn and our special guide is B.C. Powell author of THE INFINITE EXPANSE, the second novel in The Journals of Krymzyn fantasy series.
Keep reading for a chance to win $100 Amazon Gift Card!
B.C.'s Top 5 Spooky Places in Krymzyn
Krymzyn is a mystical world filled with breathtaking scenery, vibrant colors, and fascinating creatures. Every substance and being exists in perfect balance. But as Chase learns, balance doesn’t imply an absence of danger. Many horrors lurk behind the alluring beauty of the world where time began.
1. The Infinite Expanse. What are your worst fears? What are your hidden secrets, the terrors you keep buried deep in your subconscious, and what makes the bumps you hear in the night? If you find yourself in The Infinite Expanse of Krymzyn, all of those questions will be answered for you. Because in The Infinite Expanse, the darkest fears from a person’s mind take shape and come to life. If you can’t control your mind in the presence of everything that frightens you most, your own fears can kill you . . . although there may be fates much worse than death.
2. The Eternal Canyon. The symphonic music from the bottomless abyss will lure you to the edge of the mile wide Canyon. As you gaze at the beauty of the flowering vines that cascade down the Canyon walls, you’re in the Schorachnia’s domain. If you don’t have the sign to be there, a horrific fate awaits you. Paralyzed by a stinger from the end of one of the Schorachnia’s two tails and woven into a cocoon by the other, the giant scorpion-like creatures will keep you alive just so they can to slowly feed upon your blood. Weeks of mental anguish and physical torture await you if you unknowingly enter their realm.
3. The Barrens of Krymzyn. Billions of square miles of dreary, desolate wasteland surround the fertile Delta of Krymzyn. Spread out in tones of black and gray, the crystalline dirt hills, ravines, and caverns present many hiding places for the Murkovin. The muscular creatures with blood-red eyes and black veins bulging from their pale white skin have an insatiable craving for one thing—the pure energy of tree sap, the only form of sustenance in Krymzyn. If they can’t take it from the sparse, gangly trees of the Barrens, they’ll slash your throat and drain your blood for the sap you have pulsing inside you.
4. Ovin’s Tree. The sustaining trees of Krymzyn violently spring to life when Darkness falls. If you’re in reach of the branches, you may be brutally injured as the lashing branches attempt to defend the precious sap flowing in their trunks. But one tree, known as Ovin’s tree, spends eternity enraged that its roots have been bound underneath the soil. The tree was once able to lift it roots from the ground and run free across the Delta of Krymzyn. Now, its savage branches will take revenge by killing any person in their reach.
5. The Springs. Glistening, terraced pools descend the side of a giant hill, interconnected by small waterfalls and spillways. Luminescent water lilies flourish around the edges of the pools. Even more intriguing than the scenery is the timeless beauty of Serquatine who dwell there, seven women, each with a different color glowing from the tips of their long, blond waves. But if their melodic voices serenade you into a trance and you dive into their peaceful waters, death will await you. Although the Serquatine live on nectar from the lilies, they consider sustaining tree sap a great delicacy. Once your mind is under their control, they’ll rip your flesh apart to consume the sap you have in your blood.
Thank you B.C. for giving us such a haunting tour of Krymzyn!
To learn more about B.C. Powell and his books, please visit his website, and don't miss this guest post with B.C. Powell here at From the Shadows. You can add his Journals of Krymzyn series here on Goodreads.
Journals of Krymzyn Giveaway
The author is giving away $100 Amazon Gift Card to one lucky winner!
To enter, please use this Rafflecopter form. This giveaway is INTERNATIONAL. This is a book tour giveaway, so the winner will be randomly selected by the author or publisher. Giveaway ends May 14, 2015.
What did you think of B.C.'s picks for spooky places?
Last week on Paranormal Road Trip we visited Chicago with Megan Morgan. Next week we'll be traveling to Annwyn with Shona Husk.
Join us for another spine-tingling Paranormal Road Trip...
if you dare!
if you dare!